Bienvenue!

Welcome to the blog! Here I will be spending my time making an account of my semester taking Life Drawing II at University of Wisconsin - Stout. Thanks for dropping in!

Sept. 2010 - Dec. 2010

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 4

This week, we continued work on our drawing assignments. We are getting plenty of in class time to study the form and make sure that we are checking our work. I have found that I spend a lot of time trying and trying to get (what I feel) is the correct shape of the form that it eats up a lot of my time. This is the second week that I have spent trying to get the back view of my cranium correct. It still feels kind of flat even though I have started defining planes with shading. The next drawing that I have started working on is the side view. I really enjoy trying to figure out the relationship of the eyes and brows to the front of the cranium. So far I think that my line-work on this drawing is the best work I have done so far. I always tend to see a major improvement from the first drawing in a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment