Bienvenue!

Welcome to the blog! Here I will be spending my time making an account of my semester taking Life Drawing II at University of Wisconsin - Stout. Thanks for dropping in!

Sept. 2010 - Dec. 2010

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Final Skeletons - Final Class

Over this semester I have learned a harsh lesson in spreading out my time on projects. There were several things this semester that got severely neglected in favor of other projects or got way too much time devoted to them based purely on the fact that I really didn't know when to call it quits. This skeleton was one of them. I think because of a cold at the very end of the semester, and other end-of-semester projects, I didn't quite evenly distribute my time enough, and ended up taking way too much time on the core of the skeleton which left the legs and feet a little neglected. I do feel proud that I actually finished the drawing and I would like to someday return to it and add the shading and extra line work that it most definitely deserves. Now my only puzzle is to find a place that's large enough for me to actually lay out this monstrosity.



As for the end of the year reflections, I am very proud of the things I have accomplished in this class. I can definitely see the difference in my work from even the beginning to the end of the semester. And no matter what I learn in these classes I always feel like I'm taking valuable, irreplaceable knowledge away from the class. I already have started applying the things I've learned about 3D space of the body and the way a human form is proportioned in other drawing projects. Which I find extremely exciting. I hope that I can keep practicing these rules and use them to improve on other drawings. I know it will definitely come in handy in Drawing 3 next semester. I want to do more with form and body gestures to try and get an even better handle on character development.

For our final portfolio we were asked to  upload our final skeleton drawing, three portraits and the skull drawings to our flickr account. I have posted a link to the portfolio in the links section of this page.
Here is the link just in case: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjbohac/sets/72157625520675753/

No comments:

Post a Comment