Bienvenue!

Welcome to the blog! Here I will be spending my time making an account of my semester taking Life Drawing II at University of Wisconsin - Stout. Thanks for dropping in!

Sept. 2010 - Dec. 2010

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 3

This week we are starting in-depth studies of the cranium. We started looking more in depth at the planes of the cranium. I find it very interesting all of the different angles and planes that the skull actually possesses. We will be embarking on a series of drawings that cover this specific sections from several angles. The criteria for this assignment is that we have to have one top view, two detailed drawings of the side and back view of the cranium and a weighted line drawing of the back and front 3/4 view.

For this assignment I have started off with the back view. This is the view that I think will give me the most problems. It's not a very visually interesting surface at first glance, and it is hard to figure out how the planes of each different part of the skull overlap and take precedence in space. I have also found out while doing this drawing that I have a harder time trying to combine line drawing and shading. It doesn't feel natural to me to cover up very careful line work with heavy or detailed shading. We will see how the rest of the drawings progress as I get more into the form.

No comments:

Post a Comment